No, I’m not talking about the changing colours of leaves on the trees as we say goodbye to summer and welcome autumn. Actually, it’s about me attempting to turn a new leaf on life. Originally, this blog was to be a new leaf, but I continue to struggle with my commitment to it. The question I am posing to myself, is do I really want to write/blog? Or, is it the idea of it that is attractive to me? It is a question I can repeat, where I replace write/blog with teach yoga, practice yoga, mountain bike, cook, photography. . . pretty much all things this blog is to be about. What can I do to change and move forward with yet another new leaf? Thus far I have attempted the following:
- Make to-do lists. . . many of them
- Carry a notebook around to make notes when I have a post idea
- Keep the camera near the kitchen
- Make a to-do list on my smartphone
- Think about blogging, cooking, yogaing, mountain biking
- Do yoga every once in a blue moon
They all work to some extent. I just need to push myself on this whole idea because I’m full of ideas on experiments that I want to share to not only to myself, but to a wider audience. Here’s a list of some things I want to experiment with:
- How do you re-connect to your yoga practice after taking a break?
- Why is your dog more stubborn than you when it comes to training?
- How many ways are there to make a frittata?
- What is the job description for a g-d parent?
- How do I master the German apple strudel?
- Why can’t I get back into the mountain bike saddle?
So, there you have it a list of ideas! Best get cracking! Actually, that won’t happen. . at least not right away. Instead, from this moment on, thanks to the suggestion of my Writer’s and Wine group, I will commit myself to posting a minimum of once a month. If I use the above ideas, then there are posts for the next six months. Let’s take that one step towards that goal. See you next month!